Sunday, June 1, 2008

What kind of call did you just make?


Our family has a weird way of morphing nicknames. We all end up with nicknames for nicknames. An outsider would be lost. Heck - us insiders are lost too! So tonight I’m calling my sweet 16 year old, deaf, barely able to walk doggie, Betty, to come in from outside. I having to yell loudly and repetitively to get her attention. All of a sudden I really hear what I am saying. I’ve been saying this for months. Remember she’s deaf and I'm yelling real loud.

Here’s the morphing of the name Betty. It taken many years to get to this…

Betty
Bettina
Tina
Teenie
Shabetty
Shabooty
Booty
Booitcal

And finally over the last months I've been standing at the back door screaming:

BOOTY CALL!

No wonder the new neighbors are avoiding us.

3 comments:

DRB said...

very cute and the pic of MY Betty is so sweet Goofy

Anonymous said...

**snort** **laughing so out loud it's barking** Oh, I so needed that! -mam.

RitaB said...

I understand this! My Rudy has gone from:
Rudy > Rude > Rudypup > Rudester > RooRoo!
And I once had an Old English Sheepdog who's name
morphed from Trevor to Tbone!