Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Reply All

I'm about to barf. Ah... you are thinking the mac cheese might be getting to me. No. That would be a welcome reason to turn my tummy inside out. The reason I have the urge to "toss tacos" tonight is reading other "earnest" writer's blogs. OMG some of them make my need to blow chunks imminent. Of course it's not YOUR blog I'm talking about. Yours is "witty and pretty and bright" (or was that Maria right before she met Tony at the doomed dance?)

At a recent writer's workshop, the instructor promised NOT to create an emailing list. She thought we should exchange emails by choice (I took home one business card.) Problem was, prior to the workshop, she sent a group email with visible "to" addresses. We all came home with the same idea - start a blog. So "reply all" has become the method for all the new bloggers to share with each other. Remember this was a group of earnest writers. Their blogs were pretty heavy and since I gave up smoking pot a long time ago (as is evidenced by the fact that I still call it "pot"), I just can't get "high" enough to meet these folks out in the ethers.

Okay I, too, started a blog, but I did NOT hit reply all. Goodness only knows why you are reading this. Maybe you have insomnia too and are guilty of way too much www dot surfing dot allnightlong. Anyway, tonight I didn't have any warm wonderful words of wisdom worthy of blogging (do I get extra points for using all those "w" words in the same sentence?) So I decided to go read all the other earnest writer's blogs for inspiration. I'm inspired all right - inspired to vomit. Everyone was full of love and light. All I'm full of is tacos (maybe not for much longer).

As you know, from reading prior posts (you do hang on my every word don't you?), I'm a bit concerned with how mac cheese is impacting the size of my booty. Tonight I've seen the light and I've started a new diet. I'll eat dinner then read their blogs. I'll be thinner by morning...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's 3 in the afternoon, I do hang on your every word, and I'm grateful you're not so full of ... um ... "love and light." I'm not into fake-sounding squidgee stuff. I realize they're probably genuine feelings being expressed, but they just don't sound that way to me. You make sense. Please keep it up. **grin**